Canon EOS 1D X Mark II + Sigma 24-105mm f/4.0 DG OS HSM ART
Bringing the shooting speed and video capabilities required by professional multimedia image-makers, the EOS-1D X Mark II is the flagship model within Canon's DSLR lineup, and is characterized by its robust processing capabilities and ability to enable a high-end multimedia workflow.
At the heart of the imaging system is a full-frame 20.2MP CMOS sensor and dual DIGIC 6+ image processors, which contribute to fast continuous shooting rates up to 16 fps in live view, 14 fps with full-time AF and AE, and an expanded sensitivity range from ISO 50-409600.
The sensor and processor combination also avails DCI 4K video recording at 60 fps and Full HD 1080p recording at 120 fps, along with the ability to record on-board to a CFast 2.0 memory card, or uncompressed Full HD video can be saved via HDMI to an optional external recorder.
Benefitting stills shooting is an apt 61-point High Density Reticular AF II system, which includes 41 cross-type points for a high degree of precision in varying light conditions, and video shooting is enhanced by Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which makes its first appearance in a full-frame sensor for smooth, quick, and controllable AF in live view.
With a versatile set of imaging traits, the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II takes its place as a high-performance tool for professional photographers and videographers alike.
Complementing the robust set of imaging specs is an equally robust physical design based on a magnesium alloy body construction that is both dust- and weather-sealed for use in harsh environments. Integrated within the body is a large 3.2" 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD for bright, high-resolution live view monitoring and image review, and a large 0.76x Intelligent Viewfinder II is offered for clear eye-level shooting.
For versatility in file handling, both CFast and CompactFlash memory card slots are available, and the 1D X Mark II also supports sharing imagery over Wi-Fi, as well as wireless remote camera control, via the optional WFT-E8A Wireless File Transmitter. Additionally, a built-in GPS module permits in-camera geotagging of photos and videos, and also allows for auto time syncing with the Universal Time Code for more efficient file sharing and organization.
- 20.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors
- A redeveloped full-frame 20.2MP CMOS sensor pairs with dual DIGIC 6+ image processors to avail notable image quality and accuracy, as well as fast performance throughout the camera system. The sensor itself integrates a gapless structure with micro lenses to provide enhanced low-light performance and reduced noise levels, and when coupled with the processors an expanded sensitivity range of ISO 50-409600 is available.
The sensor and processors also work together to avail quick shooting performance, with continuous rates up to 16 fps when working in live view. When working with the viewfinder, shooting up to 14 fps is possible along with the ability to record up to 170 raw files in a single burst if using a CFast 2.0 memory card. If shooting JPEG files, an unlimited number of frames can be recorded in a burst, even at full-resolution. If working with a CompactFlash card, the buffer is rated at up to 73 raw frames in a burst, or infinite JPEGs.
In addition to the stills attributes afforded by the sensor, it is also used for recording DCI 4K video at up to 60 fps, and it is the first full-frame sensor to incorporate Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology for precise, controllable, and fast live view focusing performance.
- High Density Reticular AF II and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
- Benefitting accurate focusing and fast tracking performance, a 61-point High Density Reticular AF II system is employed, which incorporates 41 cross-type points for increased precision as well as a center point that is sensitive to -3 EV. All 61 phase-detection points support metering at effective apertures of f/8 or larger, which benefits the use of teleconverters and telephoto lenses. Additionally, a separate, dedicated DIGIC 6 processor is used for the AF and metering systems in order to maintain quick performance while recording 4K video or shooting at fast continuous speeds. As a whole, the AF system has gained approximately 8.6% in coverage in the center, and 24% in the periphery, for enhanced subject tracking across the image frame, and an AI Servo AF III+ algorithm is used to intelligently and precisely acquire focus in single-point, Large Zone AF, or any other focusing mode.
- When working with live view during stills shooting or video recording, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that provides incredibly quick and accurate focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- DCI 4K Video Recording
- Designed for both professional stills shooting and video recording, the 1D X Mark II supports DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) resolution recording at up to 60 fps at 800 Mbps, along with Full HD 1080p shooting at 120 fps at 360 Mbps for slow motion playback. When recording in-camera, 4K video has 4:2:2 sampling and 8-bit color depth, while Full HD 1080p footage has 4:2:0 sampling. Uncompressed Full HD 1080p video can also be saved via HDMI to an optional external recorder with 4:2:2 color sampling. 4K video is recorded using a central 4096 x 2160 area of the sensor, while Full HD recording makes use of the entire full frame, and a top sensitivity of ISO 12800 is available with 4K or ISO 25600 with Full HD.
- Audio can be recorded using the on-board stereo microphone or an optional external mic can also be used via the 3.5mm mic jack. Real time audio monitoring is possible, too, via the 3.5mm headphone jack. The 4K video recording also avails the ability to take 8.8MP still frame grabs during playback and save them as single images.
- Body Design
- A large 3.2" 1.62m-dot Clear View II LCD monitor is available and features an anti-reflective design for bright, vivid image playback and live view shooting, and its touchscreen interface can be used for intuitive touch-to-focus control.
- Dual CFast and CompactFlash memory card slots allow you to extend your file saving capabilities by permitting overflow recording or in-camera file type separation while shooting. The CFast card slot is compatible with CFast 2.0 memory cards.
- An Intelligent Viewfinder II uses a pentaprism design and offers a bright means for viewing, along with a 0.76x magnification and 100% frame coverage. When using the viewfinder, AF points are highlighted in red for greater visibility in low-light conditions, and the finder can also be configured to display a range of other shooting aids, such as an electronic level, grid, flicker detection, white balance, metering mode, AF information, and other settings.
- A robust magnesium alloy body design is both dust- and weather-sealed to permit working in harsh environments.
- An integrated vertical grip allows for comfortable, intuitive, and efficient handling when working in either vertical or horizontal shooting orientations.
- The included LP-E19 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is rated to provide up to 1210 shots per charge when shooting with the optical viewfinder. The 1D X Mark II is also compatible with LP-E4N and LP-E4 rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, however the top continuous shooting rate will be slightly reduced to 14 fps in live view and 12 fps with AE and AF.
- A redesigned mirror mechanism helps to minimize mechanical vibrations in order to better ensure sharpness during long exposures or fast continuous shooting bursts.
- The high-performance shutter utilizes lightweight carbon fiber blades for quick shooting speeds and is tested for up to 400,000 cycles. Extensive connectivity ports allow for the attachment of various accessories, including the optional WFT-E8A Wireless File Transmitter for remotely controlling the camera from a smartphone or sharing files over Wi-Fi with support for the 5 GHz 802.11ac standard
Sigma 24-105mm f/4.0 DG OS HSM ART
Expressive performance for high-resolution digital cameras.
Introducing Sigma's new full-frame high-performance zoom lens.
Recently, DSLR cameras have been evolving rapidly, and more and more photographers have been seeking a lens that can bring out the potential of a high-resolution sensor. There are occasions when photographers select zoom lenses as they offer more convenience than a fixed focal length lens, yet they do not want to compromise on image quality. SIGMA has long tackled this task to provide excellent quality images for such occasions. We are proud that SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM meets these requirements and is the standard zoom lens from our "Art" line, offering stable and fine image quality from wide to mid-telephoto range. It has a combination of fixed aperture and a good zoom ratio that we kept as high as possible. Many simulations were carried out before achieving this goal, and made the specification compatible with 35mm full size image sensors. Moreover, it was designed to surpass the quality inspection of the original MTF measuring system, A1, so it has succeeded in creating superior image quality for new standard of high-spec cameras. This lens incorporates the OS function and minimizes camera shake effectively.
Our Art line delivers high-level artistic quality
Sigma is organizing all its interchangeable lenses into three product lines; Contemporary, Art and Sports. Designed with a focus on sophisticated optical performance and abundant expressive power, our Art line delivers high-level artistic expression. Developed with the maximum emphasis on artistic touch, they are designed to meet the expectations of users who value a creative, dramatic outcome above compactness and multifunction. Along with landscapes, portraits, still-life, close-up and casual snaps, they are perfect for the kind of photography that unleashes the inner artist. Ideal for studio photography, they offer just as much expressive scope when capturing architecture, starry skies, underwater shots and many other scenes.
Covering the standard shooting range of 35mm full size image sensor
The convenience of a zoom lens enables photographers to capture various subjects without the need to change lenses. The SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM is a very handy zoom lens that covers the basic shooting range from wide to mid-telephoto. Moreover, its constant aperture of F4, OS (Optical Stabilizer) and HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) enhances the lens' usability. It is ideal for portraits, landscapes and general photography.
Superior image quality
This is a lens that represents the concept of our “Art” line, and it meets the highest standard of our quality test. For those standard lenses with a high zoom ratio, they tend to show astigmatic aberration, field curvature, distortions and color aberration. In order to compensate for these, various types of high-performance lenses, such as FLD, SLD and glass-molded aspheric lenses including double-sided aspheric lens, have been included into the optical system. In addition, it suppresses chromatic aberration very effectively at telephoto-end, and achieves superior image quality throughout the zoom range. This lens overcomes low peripheral brightness that is common for those lenses with similar specifications. Also, the wide filter size 82mm is contributing for superior optical performance.
This lens incorporates an OS system which offers superior stabilization, making it possible to compensate for camera shake even in macro range photography where a small blur can be easily identified.
* This lens cannot be used with film SLR cameras with the exception of the Nikon F6, Canon EOS-1v.
* For Sony, OS function is not incorporated.
The lens' wide zoom ring ensures convenient handling. By putting the zoom ring in front, allows the lens barrel to be more compact. The inner focusing system eliminates front lens rotation, enhancing the lens' stability and allowing use of Circular Polarizing filters.
Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
Flare and ghosting were thoroughly measured and monitored from an early stage in the lenses development to establish an optical design which is resistant to strong incidental light such as backlight. The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting and provides sharp and high contrast images even in backlit conditions. Attaching the matched petal type hood, which is supplied, will provide extra protection from flare and ghosting.
Minimum focusing distance of 45cm
With a minimum focusing distance of 45cm and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:4.6, this lens is excellent for close-up photography.
Hyper Sonic Motor
The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) ensures a silent, high-speed AF function. Optimizing AF algorithm, smoother AF is achieved. It also enables full-time manual focusing capability which allows sensible focus adjustment by simply rotating the focus ring.
Incorporating Rounded Diaphragm
The 9 blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive round bokeh at large-aperture settings.
The new product lines incorporate rubber for the attachment part of the provided lens hood. For better usability, the designs of the lens cap and AF/MF changeover switch have been improved. In order to ensure high accuracy of the product, all metallic parts and the new compound material, TSC (Thermally Stable Composite), which has a high affinity to metal parts, are housed internally. On the lens barrel, the last three digits of its release year are engraved so the lens can be identified according to the year of its launch.
Brass made bayonet mount
This lens incorporates a brass made bayonet mount which has both high accuracy and durability. A special treatment to reinforce its strength is applied to the surface giving it greater strength and making it highly resistant to long-term use.
Newly developed “USB DOCK” exclusively for new product lines
Based on these new lines, we have developed special software (SIGMA Optimization Pro) that can update the lens firmware and adjust parameters such as focus.
Evaluation with Sigma's own MTF measuring system “A1”
We used to measure lens performance with MTF measuring system using conventional sensors. However, we've now developed our own proprietary MTF (modulation transfer function) measuring system (A1) using 46-megapixel Foveon direct image sensors. Even previously undetectable high-frequency details are now within the scope of our quality control inspections. The SIGMA 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM will all be checked using this “A1” before they are shipped.
“Made in Japan”
All Sigma's manufacturing processes- right down to molds and parts, with a few exceptions, are carried out under a single integrated production system entirely in Japan. We like to think our products are somehow imbued with the essence of our homeland, blessed as it is with clean air and water, and focused, hard-working people. We pride ourselves on the authentic quality of Sigma products, born of a marriage between highly attuned expertise and intelligent, advanced technology. Our sophisticated products have satisfied professionals and lovers of photography all over the world, because our manufacturing is based on genuine craftsmanship, underpinned by the passion and pride of our experts.
Applicable for the Mount Conversion Service
As an experienced lens manufacturer that has been creating a diverse range of interchangeable lenses, we are proud to introduce a new paid service “Mount Conversion Service” *. With this service, the mount of your current SIGMA lenses can be changed to another mount of your choice. It gives a new life to your favorite lenses when you wish to use it on a different camera body.
* This “Mount Conversion Service” is different from a normal repair. In order to apply for the service, please contact your nearest authorized subsidiary / distributor of SIGMA.