A fast fixed focal length standard lens with high-quality optics and Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for whisper-quiet operation. Features a large maximum aperture of f/1.4 that ensures a bright viewfinder image, and is ideal for low-light shooting situations or when a shallow depth of field is desired.
- 50mm wide-aperture standard lens (35mm equivalent: 75mm when used with a Nikon DX-format SLR).
- Large maximum aperture of f/1.4.
- Advanced optical design minimizes flare and chromatic aberration.
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for fast, quiet autofocus.
- Two focus modes: M/A (manual-priority autofocus) and M (manual focus).
- IF (Internal Focusing) design for fixed lens length.
- Non-rotating front element allows use of circular polarizing filters and lens-mounted flash accessories.
- Focus ring does not rotate during AF operation.
- Focal length: 50 mm
- Maximum aperture: f/1.4
- Minimum aperture: f/16
- Lens construction: 8 elements in 7 groups
- Picture angle: 46°
- Closest focusing distance: 0.45 m/1.5 ft.
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded)
- Filter/attachment size: 58mm
- Diameter x length (extension from lens mount): Approx. 73.5 x 54 mm/2.9 x 2.1 in.
- Weight: Approx. 280 g/9.9 oz.
- Supplied accessories: 58mm snap-on front lens cap LC-58, Rear lens cap LF-1, Bayonet hood HB-47, Flexible lens pouch CL-1013