The Nikkor Z 50mm F1.8 S lens aims for a new dimension in optical performance. The lens has an unprecedented flexible design that is possible due to the combination of the larger Z-mount with its inner diameter of 55 mm and a short flange distance of 16 mm. The lens offers high resolution, both when taking pictures and recording video, and has various useful functions, such as correction for focal length variation (shifting the angle of view when the focus is adjusted), quiet operation, smooth exposure control and a setting ring. In addition, the lens is very suitable for recording video due to the quiet operation.
The Nikkor Z 50mm F1.8 S is an interchangeable lens from the S-Line. The S-Line is a series within the NIKKOR Z lenses that meets a new benchmark for optical performance and sets a new standard for quality and design. The image reproduction of these lenses exceeds that of conventional f/4 and f/1.8 lenses.
Features of the NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S
- Excellent image reproduction delivers beautiful images that will change the opinion about the possibilities of a 50 mm f/1.8 lens permanently.
- Excellent suppression of longitudinal chromatic aberration provides superior resolution with a natural reproduction of fine textures at maximum aperture.
- Sharp and clear reproduction of details, from the center of the image to the edges, regardless of the shooting distance.
- A soft and beautiful bokeh at any shooting distance that is only possible with a bright lens.
- Two elements of ED glass and two aspherical lens elements.
- Nano Crystal Coat is used to suppress image shadows and light spots.
- The new, powerful stepper motor (STM) allows quiet and accurate AF control, both when taking pictures and recording video.
- In view of dust resistance and drip-water-tightness, the entire lens is sealed, including the moving parts.