The Nikkor Z 35mm F1.8 S lens aims for a new dimension in optical performance. The lens has an unprecedented flexible design that is possible due to the combination of the larger Z-mount with its inner diameter of 55 mm and a short flange distance of 16 mm. The lens offers high resolution, both when taking pictures and recording video, and has various useful functions, such as correction for focal length variation (shifting the angle of view when the focus is adjusted), quiet operation, smooth exposure control and a setting ring. In addition, the lens is very suitable for recording video due to the quiet operation.
The Nikkor Z 35mm F1.8 S is an interchangeable lens from the S-Line. The S-Line is a series within the NIKKOR Z lenses that meets a new benchmark for optical performance and sets a new standard for quality and design. The image reproduction of these lenses exceeds that of conventional f/4 and f/1.8 lenses.
Features of the Nikkor Z 35mm F1.8 S
- Image reproduction that will change the opinion about the possibilities of an f/1.8 lens permanently.
- Sharp resolution, even at the edges of the image at the maximum aperture. Effective suppression of arrow-shaped coma spots for excellent reproduction of spotlights when spotlight sources are recorded in night landscapes. The soft and natural bokeh that can be expected from a bright lens.
- Thanks to the use of a new multi-focus system, a quiet, fast and accurate AF control is possible, while the image quality remains very high at every focusing distance.
- Two elements of ED glass and three aspherical lens elements.
- Nano Crystal Coat is used to suppress image shadows and light spots.
- In view of dust resistance and drip-water-tightness, the entire lens is sealed, including the moving parts.