The Nikkor Z 24-70mm F4 S lens aims for a new dimension in optical performance. The lens has an unprecedented flexible design that is possible due to the combination of the larger Z-mount with its inner diameter of 55 mm and a short flange distance of 16 mm. The lens offers high resolution, both when taking pictures and recording video, and has various useful functions, such as correction for focal length variation (shifting the angle of view when the focus is adjusted), quiet operation, smooth exposure control and a setting ring. In addition, the lens is very suitable for recording video due to the quiet operation.
The Nikkor Z 24-70 mm F4 S is an interchangeable lens from the S-Line. The S-Line is a series within the NIKKOR Z lenses that meets a new benchmark for optical performance and sets a new standard for quality and design. The image reproduction of these lenses exceeds that of conventional f/4 and f/1.8 lenses.
Features of the Nikkor Z 24-70mm F4 S
- The standard focal length range of 24 mm wide-angle to 70 mm medium-long telephoto can be used for a wide range of scenes and subjects.
- In addition, image reproduction will change the opinion about the possibilities of zoom lenses with a maximum aperture of f/4 permanently.
- An optical design that suppresses variations in aberrations, from close-up to infinity, making the image even sharp at the edges at the maximum aperture. A shortest focal distance of only 0.3 m over the entire zoom range and excellent reproduction of spotlights.
- An ED glass, an aspherical ED lens element and three aspherical lens elements.
- Nano Crystal Coat is used to suppress image shadows and light spots.
- The lens is powerful enough to deliver very high optical performance and is extremely handy. It uses a retraction mechanism without having to press a button. This results in a compact lens that can easily be taken anywhere.
- The design takes into account dust resistance and drip water density. Fluorine carbon coating is applied to the surface of the front lens element.