Canon EOS 77D
Comprising a versatile feature-set for both still photography and video recording, the EOS 77D DSLR from Canon blends advanced imaging capabilities with an intuitive design.
Revolving around a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor, images can be recorded using a broad native sensitivity range of ISO 100-25600, to suit shooting in a variety of lighting conditions, and a continuous shooting rate of 6 fps benefits working with moving subjects. The sensor's design also facilitates Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which uses phase-detection autofocus for quick, accurate, and smooth performance to suit both video shooting and stills use in live view. Alternatively, a 45-point all cross-type phase-detect AF system is also featured for shooting stills using the optical pentamirror viewfinder.
In regard to the physical design, a large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD is featured for easy settings and playback control and live view monitoring, and it uses a vari-angle design to permit easier viewing from high and low working angles. A top LCD screen is also incorporated into the design for quickly recognizing your shooting settings, and a rear Quick Control dial affords more intuitive settings navigation. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC is available for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- Both a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor are used to deliver high sensitivity and fast camera performance to suit both stills and video applications. A flexible native ISO 100-25600 range, which can be extended to ISO 51200, suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the processing capabilities minimize noise for notable clarity. The processor also contributes to a fast 6 fps continuous shooting rate for photographing fast-moving subjects.
- 45-Point All Cross-Type AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
- Benefitting stills shooting with the optical viewfinder, a wide-area 45-point all cross-type phase-detection autofocus system provides quick and precise focusing in difficult lighting conditions. The cross-type design of the sensors affords greater accuracy in low-contrast and mixed lighting conditions, and the broad coverage of the 45 sensors is ideal for tracking and maintaining focus on moving subjects.
- When recording video or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- In addition to stills recording, the 77D also supports Full HD 1080p video recording at up to 60 fps in the MP4 format with IPB compression, or 30 fps in the MOV format with ALL-I compression when making in-camera time-lapse movies. Video recording is benefitted by the inclusion of Dual Pixel CMOS AF and the Movie Servo AF focusing functions, as well as the touchscreen design of the LCD monitor for intuitive control. Movie Electronic IS is also featured to minimize the appearance of camera shake across five axes for smoother, steadier recording when shooting handheld. Additionally, an external microphone jack is incorporated in the body design for greater control over your recorded sound.
- Unique to most video recording systems, the 77D also features an HDR Movie mode that can be used to achieve greater highlight and shadow detail when recording in high contrast scenarios. This mode captures two HD frames at different exposures, one normal and one underexposed, in short succession at up to 60 fps and then composites them during playback at 30 fps to create a movie with a longer-appearing dynamic range.
- Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a vari-angle design to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Optical pentamirror viewfinder serves a clear means for eye-level shooting.
- Top LCD screen allows you to quickly recognize and adjust shooting settings.
- Rear Quick Control dial can be used to adjust camera settings in a more intuitive and direct manner.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Included LP-E17 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 820 shots per charge.
Sigma 17-70 mm f/2,8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Contemporary
Large aperture standard zoom lens designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras and incorporating Sigma’s original Optical Stabiliser (OS) function with close up capability.
This standard zoom lens is designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras and incorporates Sigma`s original OS function. This lens covers several angles of view, from wide to telephoto as well as offering a large aperture of F2.8 at the 17mm focal length. It provides a bright image through the viewfinder and enables photographers to easily check focusing and composition. The lens has a minimum focusing distance of 22cm and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.7 making it ideal for close-up photography as well as landscape and macro photography. ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion) glass and aspherical lenses provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations and high image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range. Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting. The incorporation of HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) ensures quiet and high speed AF.
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 14 groups
- Maximum aperture: F2.8
- Closest focusing distance: 22 cm
- Firmware update via USB Dock Sigma
- Includes lens caps and hood
- Filter diameter: 72 mm
Various angles of view
The lens has various angles of view from wide angle to telephoto. It is a versatile lens ideal for several types of photography.
The lens has a minimum focusing distance of 22cm and maximum magnification of 1:2.7. It has a 4.7cm working distance between the front of the lens and the subject which is convenient for taking close-up pictures.
Sigma’s own unique OS technology
The lens is equipped with Sigma’s own unique OS function. This system allows the photographer to use shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower. For Sony and Pentax mounts, the built-in OS function of this lens can be used even if the camera body is equipped with an anti-shake function. As compensation for camera shake is visible in the view finder, the photographer can easily check for accurate focus and ensure there is no subject movement.
* Sony and Pentax mounts are not incorporated with OS function.
* For Pentax mount, if the camera body does not support HSM, auto focus will not be available.
Large maximum aperture of F2.8 at 17mm focal length
The large aperture provides a bright image through the viewfinder and enables photographers to easily check focusing and composition.
Superior Image quality
An ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion) glass element plus one hybrid aspherical lens and two glass mold lenses offer excellent correction for all types of aberrations. High image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range.
Super Multi-Layer Coating
The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting even when the subject is backlit and provides high contrast images.
Quiet and fast AF
An inner focusing system and HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) ensure quiet and high-speed auto focus.
*AF will not function with Pentax ist* series and K100D DSLR cameras that do not support HSM
This lens has a rounded 7 blade diaphragm which creates an attractive bokeh.
Inner focusing system
The inner focusing system eliminates front lens rotation, making the lens particularly suitable for using the supplied petal-type hood and circular polarizing filters.
This lens is equipped with a zoom lock to prevent the lens from creeping due to its own weight, and to offer protection whilst the lens is being carried. A magnification scale is displayed on the lens barrel, ensuring ease of use.
Sigma 70-300mm F4-5,6 DG Macro
The SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element provides excellent correction for all types of aberrations. High image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range.
The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting and provides high contrast images throughout the focal range. This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 150cm (59.1”) throughout the entire zoom range and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.9, making it ideal for close-up photography.
Superior image quality
The SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element provides excellent correction for all type of aberrations.
Compact and lightweight lens design
The lens has an overall length of 126mm (5.0”), maximum diameter of 76.5mm (3.0”) and weight of just 610g/21.5oz. Its compact construction makes it convenient for travel and hand held telephoto photography.
Super Multi Layer Coating
The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting and provides high contrast images throughout the focal range.
This lens has a rounded 9 blade diaphragm which creates an attractive blur to the out of focus areas.
Minimum focusing distance of 150cm (59.1inch) at all focal lengths
This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 150cm (59.1”) throughout the entire zoom range and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.9, making it ideal for close-up photography.
Large-sized lens hood
The lens is supplied with a large-sized, bayonet type lens hood to block out extraneous light and reduce internal reflections.
- Lens Construction: 16 Elements in 11 Groups
- Angle of View: 34.3 - 8.2 degrees
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9 Blades
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 150cm
- Maximum Magnification: 1:3.9
- Filter Size: 62 mm
- Dimensions: 76.5 mm X 126 mm
- Weight: 610 g